Celtic jewellery originated sometime between 2000BC and 550AD when craftsman created jewellery from silver and gold emblazoned with Celtic symbols. These symbols have played an important role in Celtic history and the culture and heritage of Ireland. Over the years several other Irish symbols have been captured in jewellery design and become popular worldwide.
• Saint Brigid’s Cross: a symbol of infinity and eternity
• The Claddagh: love, friendship, loyalty and fidelity
• Shamrock: the national flower and most recognised symbol of Ireland
• Tree of Life: the link between heaven and earth
• Trikele: the flow of nature
• Harp: immortality of the soul
• Celtic Cross: symbol of faith